we know it’s been a couple months since we updated this blog, and seriously, a lot can happen in that much bossy time. so, we promise to give you weekly updates from here on out, because things with the bossy are moving and shaking!
in the meantime, here’s a quick rundown of what we’ve been doing lately:
- sold out our csa. we’d set a ridiculously ambitious goal of selling out before the start of 2012, and our last spot filled at 9:00pm on december 31st. the power of visualization, baby! but more importantly: the power of community-minded, farmer-lovin’, kickass supporters. we’re super excited about our group of members because, of course, they rock. and if you didn’t manage to get one but are yearning to get bossy, email us (email@example.com) and we’d be happy to add you to the waiting list.
- started selling at farmers markets. although we don’t know yet which market we’ll be at this summer (oh, the application process…at least they don’t require essays and test scores), we’ve done some indoor markets and plan to do more over the next couple months. check out our markets page so you can stop by and say howdy to us in person.
- found shelf space. our pea shoots and sunflower shoots are now nestled into the produce section of the linden hills co-op, right below the packaged herbs. we’ve also been selling micro greens and pea shoots at local d’lish, one of the indoor market locations we’ve been attending. so you can get your bossy fix anytime.
- got some mentors. through our great farm beginnings program — an educational series done by land stewardship project — we now have mentors for our adventure. the well-established and awe-inspiring loon organics will be there through our first season to lend us advice and support. we can’t wait to learn from your insights, laura and adam!
- forged some exciting partnerships. our csa members will have unique add-ons available, thanks to barkley’s bistro dog treats, moonshine coffee, and beez kneez bicycle delivered honey. more on these later, as well as some exciting partnership announcements to come.
- found greenhouse space through grow! twin cities. since we’re currently growing pea shoots, sunflower shoots, and micro greens, and will soon be needing room to start our farm’s transplants, greenhouse space was vital. fortunately, we found some and joined a fabulously knowledgeable growing community in the process. check out this fantastic article (written by csa member meleah maynard) in the line.
oh, the bossy…always on the move. watch this space for more developments. next up: more on our new worm bins!